Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankfully Thursday

Today is Thursday but it is a Friday for me. This Friday is a school holiday. The whole city closes down for a parade. Tomorrow is Battle of Flowers Day. Battle of Flowers is in celebration of the Battle of San Jacinto and the heroes of the Alamo. It started in 1894 when the ladies drove their carriages around and threw flowers at each other. The parade invites nine high schools to participate each year. This year my high school, John Jay, is marching. We don't go to the parade because I don't do crowds. I seriously can't handle crowds. I get a bit freaked out in crowds.
Next week we are off for Good Friday. The next week is state testing week. I hate testing week. Four days of nothing but testing. Yucky, boring testing.
Robby is being sweet. He such a cutie! We went to Bass Pro last night to get supplies for his fishing touney this weekend. He is going to Lake Amistad tomorrow. They also have some great clothing. I found a great outfit but without his discount I don't think I will get it. But it is adorable.
There is talk in the Texas legislature to moving school to a 4 day week. They would add 90 minutes to the school day. I don't know if that would be fair to working parents who don't have child care. The schools would save energy costs. They wouldn't change our pay or at least I hope they wouldn't. We would still be teaching the same amount of time.

No comments: