Friday, April 01, 2011

Happy April Fool's! Or in our house the anniversary of our first kiss

Today is the 17 anniversary of our first kiss. My sweet husband has known me for almost 18 years, but we didn't date for the first year. We were just good friends. Actually we both said that we were glad that we were just platonic one week before the fateful kiss. We knew that it was something special because we decided to get engaged on June 1 of that year. lol, before the kiss we were great friends. Both of us were healing from bad heartbreaks. My first husband had died the year before. It was hard to trust that he would stay. sigh, yes I was afraid that he would die also. Gerry had also had a rough breakup. He had moved to San Antonio for a girl and she dumped him within 48 hours of his arrival. Sometimes I wonder if I should have sent her a thank you card....

2 comments:

HossBoss said...

Ahh, how sweet! You two were meant to be. Happy Anniversary of the First Kiss.

: )

humel said...

Yes, it definitely looks like you were meant to be together :-) Congratulations on that anniversary! xx