Saturday, April 16, 2011

M is for Migraine

My migraines are getting bad again. I had hoped that they would disappear with my new nightguard. It is a new design for me to try that sits very tightly on my bottom teeth. Before I have had them that fit my top teeth. I have a very bad habit of spitting out the nightguards. I grind my teeth with a vengence, even cracking a couple of my molars. Eight of my molars are crowns because I have damaged them from grinding. I had thought the migraines would be reduced because with the nightguard in place, my jaw joint relaxs. The next step in dealing with my jaw would be to get braces with lots of rubber bands to pull out my lower jaw to correct my overbite. But I am positive that I don't really want to have braces at 42. Just not an idea that is very inviting.
I finished Storm's Heart for Marissa's Sizzling Book Reviews and it should be up in the next couple of weeks. I have four books on my TBR (to be read) for review. I also have a Heather Graham, Lisa Jackson and Laura Lippman waiting on my personal TBR. Amanda Quick has a book that is released on Tuesday that I am dying to read and don't forget the new Nora Roberts that is out.
For my scrapbooking, Shimelle's Beyond Blogging for Scrapbookers starts on Monday. I really enjoy Shimelle's classes. She is such a good writer.
For my quilting, I am going to make a brick house pattern. The pattern is in the latest Better Homes and Garden's Pre-Cut Patterns. It uses fat quarters for material. The "bricks" are 4 by 8 1/2. This should be very cute when it is finished.

3 comments:

Helen Overton said...

Hi there, I've just popped over from the BBFS forum to say hello!

Carol Anne said...

I also suffer from migraines. I hope you can get yours under control again. Hang in there...

humel said...

You poor thing - I've only occasionally suffered from migraines, fortunately, but they're a miserable experience when they do happen so I do feel for you xx