Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wow, only 5 days of school left....

Some of you have taken Big Picture Scrapbooking classes; so I thought I would let you know about 2 of the self-paced classes that I am considering taking. One was mentioned in Stacy Julian’s blog. Stacey is giving a $5 off coupon and that makes the course only $5. The class is Saving Your Sanity. I think I am going to look at it more seriously. The other class is only $5 and it is called Help with Heartache.


Most people know that I lost my first husband when I was 24. My mother passed away eight years later with my grandmother passing away 2 years after that. I don’t let the losses rule my life and I have worked hard on dealing with it but I always think that it is good to continue to work on it. That is why I follow Susan’s blog “Your Life Spelled Out” which has great prompts to help you work on your life. I think it is important to work on your personal mindset. I think it helps me.

On a more exciting note for me, I found a new pair of sandals that I want. They are very similar to ones that I had a few years ago. The old ones were “Mootsie Tootsies” and I just loved them. The new ones are at Dress Barn and just flats, not a very supportive foot bed. But they have little flowers decorating the thong part of the sandal. They also have a very pretty 1930’s style dress that I want. I need a dress to wear for graduation and I haven’t gotten a new dress for graduation in several years. Gerry needs a new suit too. I don’t know if he will get it now or not. We saw some suit separates at Kohl’s earlier this week and he agreed he needed a new suit. He wears his suit to Prom, Graduation and any funerals we have to attend. This year has been full of funerals. We have had our former principal die, two former students committed suicide, and one former student and one current student were killed in car crashes. That has all been since January 28th. I am looking forward to a relaxing and revitalizing summer. I want good things! I want peace! I want life!

With only five days left in the school year, I am happy with the year. It was a very good year on the whole. I have decided that I am happy with my classes and my students and their successes. I have done well with my change to Jay. I really enjoy my school.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I hope you manage to have a restful summer and to spend lots of time with that gorgeous grandson of yours.