Saturday, November 13, 2010

Weekend....

One week until Thanksgiving Break. I am really looking forward to a week off. I have an appointment for me booked on Monday and Kelsey on Tuesday. I went on Thursday to the eye doctor and got a new contact prescription. We had to switch eye doctors because of the new insurance and I had been delaying. We tried an eye doctor on DeZavala for Holly and I hated them. They didn't respect my time, and lost my business. Which in a house of 5 who all wear glasses - could be a pretty penny! The new doctor was able to see me early and apologize for a 15 minute wait. Bandera Vision was where I went. And I am booking all the family members....
Brie should be allowed home today. What a trooper! She is such a sweet little baby. Maddie, Cami and Grandma Gail are sewing cases for cheer today in Elk Grove.
We are going to California for Christmas. The downside is that with Gerry's parents getting older this could be our last Christmas with them. We have been blessed with many years with them and the kids just adore them. I wish my mother was still around. I miss her a lot at Christmas because that is when we lost her. 12/21/2001.
I am getting my December Daily/Journal your Christmas album together. I really enjoy Shimelle Laine's daily prompts for Christmas. It would be so easy for me to let my missing my mother over take my Christmas Spirit. I think that even though we are going to California, we still need to get the tree set up for Robby. I want him to enjoy the season. I am also pushing my self to complete my Christmas Cards this year. I haven't sent many cards out for the last 4 years.

No comments: