Friday, March 26, 2010

Baby is here!

My grandson made his appearance on March 25 at 10:24. Kelsey had start to develop toxemia so the doctor sent us from her office to the hospital. She was induced starting Wednesday evening. She surprised everyone by progressing quickly. The doctor didn't expect little Robby to be here until today. She is still in labor and delivery until her blood pressure drops. The cure for toxemia is having the baby but somtimes it gets worse before it gets better. She is getting magnessium in her IV to prevent seizures. Right now she has me, the mean gramma, keeping her resting and not playing with baby. We have to get the blood pressure down!!! Resting she is still looking at 166 over 90. Please says some prayers for her, I am scared.
He is a blessing. We are so thrilled to have him in our lives. Though I keep getting all the poopy diapers to change.

3 comments:

Sian said...

I'm thinking about you Kim x

Ruth said...

Congratulations! You'll all be in my prayers.

HossBoss said...

He's beautiful! Well, I guess I should say HANDSOME!

I hope Kelsey is feeling better by now.