Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Journalling Prompts

I am following a blog here on Blogger called Your Life Spelled Out. It has some really good prompts if you are interested in going along. I have been completing most of my prompts in my comp book, but I am thinking of adding them to my blog.

Today's prompt is to write about something you are passionate about. The subject that I am most passionate about is autism. I have a masters degree in Autism from Our Lady of the Lake University, so you could say that I am interested in the subject. At work, more and more students with autism are getting on my case load or are in my classes. I am also a parent/home trainer for the school district in the evenings.

The really scary thing about autism is new research into the prevelance. When I graduated last year the number was 1 in 144. New numbers came out in December with some stats as 1 in 100. I also heard that it is 1 in 84 boys. I am not sure of the accuracy of these numbers, I am waiting for more collaboration on the subject. But it is thought provoking.

2 comments:

JO SOWERBY said...

hi kim from snowy somerset, uk. thank you so much for following my blog it always makes me smile when i think of other people visiting me on the internet. i love your blog so have reciprocated. thanx for the info on the journalling prompt blog, i have linked to that too as it seems a useful blog to read.
jo xxx

humel said...

Thanks for the link - that does sound interesting. One of the other bloggers I follow does a lot of art journaling and has inspired me to have a go. I'm thinking i could maybe combine the two ideas, so thanks for the recommendation x