Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Blogging for Scrapbookers

Shimelle's Blogging for Scrapbookers is going through its second run. The great thing about Shimelle's classes is that once you subscribe to them, you are subscribed forever! :)I really enjoy her prompts. They make you think. Which is sometimes a difficulty in my life.
My intentions for this class are:
-to engage my readers and maybe inform them once in awhile. I have a couple of different projects in the works that I am very excited about
-I would like to do more art journaling and post it on my blog
-make new friends by reading their blogs
-document my life a bit more than I am currently with my scrapbooking
-document my sewing projects a bit more. My purse turned out really cute.
I don't share everything online, but probably everyone thinks I do. I have a few things that I am going through that I don't want everyone to know. I am having some parenting issues but we won't discuss them here.
On other fronts, my grandson Robby will be turning 1 year on Friday. I am so excited. We are having a party for him on Sunday at the Pavillion in our subdivision. Kelsey is an incredible mother even with her tendency to turn the boy into an Oompa Loopa. He loves sweet potatoes and too much of them turned him orange. We had to have an intervention.
Kelsey is making straight As in college right now! Tim is also doing incredibly well in high school. Holly is enjoying her first year of college. She is still a bit up in the air about her major but that is what freshman year is all about. Kelsey started out with education as her major and has switched to nursing. Tim thinks he wants to be an engineer, but I am sure that will change before he graduates from high school. I am still debating on what I want to do when I grow up. But I am not too keen on growing up anytime soon.
I think I would like to try to complete a scrapbook with the prompts from this class but scrapping time is at a premium for me right now.
Last week I did the blood draw for my kidney transplant. I am waiting to see if I am healthy enough to donate my kidney. I am hoping that my iron levels were high enough. I have a tendency towards anemia. My reports usually say that I have young and immature red blood cells. But really, did they need a blood test to say that I was immature? Geez, anyone who knows me could tell you that! I don't think my weight will be a problem even though I personally would like to lose about 20 pounds. I wonder how much a kidney weighs... I know that my head weighs 8 pounds (thank you, Jerry McGuire!) .
Thanks for the comments and the visits! I appreciate them all!!

1 comment:

Stephanie Medley-Rath said...

Nice post. Found you through BFS.